Yesterday, I wrote about some interview mistakes I've seen recently. Remember, the goal of the interview is to get an offer, or at least to get another interview. In other words, you don't want to be ruled out as a candidate just based on how you performed during the interview.
There were many candidates that interviewed very well. Here were some examples:
- Answering the phone with a smile, and a greeting such as, "Good morning, this is William Smith."
- Asking questions like "How did this position become available?" and "What skills are you most looking for?"
- Having thoughtful answers
- Being energetic, enthusiastic, positive, and confident (while not being cocky)
- Asking for the job
- Sending a handwritten thank you note